The Savary Mansion was built in 1825 by the Honorable George Savary for his wife, Louisa Balch Savary. They had nine children. Rufus Porter painted murals on the first and seconf floor hallways in 1832. This home was noted to have been a meeting house for members of the Democratic Party. The Savary Mansion was also part of the underground railroad here in Groveland. The tunnel door in the basement has been covered and blocked off with stone. The tunnel ran down to the Merrimack River.