Pike’s Store

The store was built by Moses Parker, Esquire, in 1777.  It was enlarged in 1849 and run by three generations of Parkers. At various times, Frank Savary, Charles Balch, William T. Pike, and Charles H. Pike ran businesses out of the store.  Before it was closed and demolished in 1982, it was thought to be the oldest store in continuous operation in the United States.