The original Langley-Adams Library was built in 1917 and opened on February 16, 1918. Captain J. G. B. Adams and Alfred Langley gave bequests of $5,000 each and this paid for the building of the library; the original cost was $9037.82. Later, in 1939, the Town of Groveland accepted Washington Hall from Arthur Veasey of the Groveland Mills, which resulted in the books from the Hale Free Library at Washington Hall being transferred to the Langley-Adam Library, along with E. J. M. Hale’s yearly endowment. In 1977, a federal grant was awarded to the town to build a municipal complex. This complex included a new Langley-Adams Library that was dedicated in September, 1979.