The Groveland Congregational Church, overlooking Perry Park, was built in 1790 and was originally known as the East Parish of Bradford. The Paul Revere bell is in its steeple and local historians feel that this is probably the most significant historical artifact in Groveland.
St. Patrick Church (now part of Sacred Hears Parish) was built by its parishioners in 1874 on land donated by E. M. J. Hale. The parishioners were Hale’s millworkers who emigrated from Ireland. Sunday Masses were previously held at Reed’s Meeting House, which was used for church services by a number of denominations.
St. James Episcopal Church was built in 1873 by E. M. J. Hale for his millworkers who emigrated from England. Hale also provided an endowment for the church’s maintenance. A rectory was paid for and built at the same time. This rectory remains today and is located on Washington Street, at the bottom of Nun’s Hill (formerly called Reservoir Hill).
The First Baptist Church in Groveland was built and dedicated in 1866 and was maintained by Mr. Charles W. Stickney for a number of years; it was built on land that overlooked Elm Park Common. It was sold to the Memorial Hall Association (including the Grand Army Post 101, Sons of Veterans, and others) in 1880 and was the only hall in town for many years. Eventually use of the building dwindled and it was demolished in 1945.
The Methodist Church was erected in 1833 and faced Elm Park Common. Services were discontinued in 1907 because of declining Parish enrollment; the building was used as a hall until it was torn down in 1932.